Documentation and processes are being reworked and improved at the moment. Please contact us for installation of a development version of the ELN.
Development for Mac: Development with Docker is recommended
Development for Windows: Development with
Windows Subsystem for Linux. See chapter WSL-2.
Limitation: some tests are disabled with Docker development
This guide will help you getting started developing with containers by setting up Docker Desktop for Windows with WSL 2 (Windows Subsystem for Linux). By enabling the WSL-2 based engine, you can run both Linux and Windows containers in Docker Desktop on the same machine
This documentation details an installation solution of the chemotion_ELN system. We will used Windows Subsystem for Linux.The instructions have been tested on Windows 10. Depending on your base operating system, the following packages must be installed:
Ensure your machine is running Windows 10, updated to version 2004, Build 18362 or higher.
- install WSL-2 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10)
- Install ubuntu (20.04.2) via the microsoft store
- Install Desktop Docker (https://hub.docker.com/editions/community/docker-ce-desktop-windows/)
Visual Studio Code
- Install Visual studio code with linters set up (es and ruby-rubocop): https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=rebornix.Ruby && https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=dbaeumer.vscode-eslint
- Install version control extension https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/githubhttps://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/versioncontrol
- Install the VS Code Docker extension. This extension adds the functionality to build, manage, and deploy containerized applications from inside VS Code. (You need the Remote-Container extension to actually use the container as your dev environment.)
Vim check https://github.com/dense-analysis/ale
With the WSL 2 backend supported in Docker Desktop for Windows, you can work in a Linux-based development environment and build Linux-based containers, while using Visual Studio Code for code editing and debugging, and running your container in the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows.
Set docker desktop setting (Docker Desktop Stable 188.8.131.52 https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/wsl/)
- From the Docker menu, select Settings > General.
- Select: Use WSL-2 based engine check box.
- Go to > Resources > WSL INTEGRATION.
- Select: Enable integration with additional distro
- Enable: Ubuntu-20.04
The setup continues with the following steps:
Set a path on PowerShell (Windows)
Now, test Docker in your “WSL–2 Ubuntu 20.04“ console session. Open PowerShell console, and execute the following command to check the Docker version
Once docker has been running on WSL-2. you could switch to ubutun 20.04 to clone the project https://github.com/ptrxyz/chemotion
Your C: drive is mounted to
Set a path of PostgreSQL on docker-compose.yml db:
You can proceed to the next step in the Docker installation by navigating here.